Girl Starts Puking & Can’t Stop, Then Dad Sees What Immigrant Did To Her

John Russo w/daughter (left), Panera Bread restaurant (right)

In Massachusettes, the father of a 6-year-old girl sat down to have some lunch with his daughter one afternoon, when she suddenly started to vomit profusely after seeming perfectly fine moments before. The horrified father had no clue what caused her sickening condition and rushed her to the hospital when he learned what a nearby immigrant had done.

John Russo is out for blood after nearly losing his little girl to a terrifying reaction she was having. Thankfully, she was spared seconds before it was too late, but now the father has been given a sick excuse for how it happened that makes the situation all the worse.

Russo said that he used the computer to place his family’s lunch order from the Panera restaurant in the town of Natick, which made picking the food up quicker and easier. His daughter, whose name was not released, has a severe peanut allergy, which is why he ordered her a grilled cheese sandwich since it is nut free.

With added caution for her allergy, he clearly noted in two separate places on her order that this item was for a child with a peanut allergy. However, when she took a big bite into her grilled cheese, it had strangely been prepared as a peanut butter and grilled cheese sandwich, and the reason for it is disturbing.

Before she could even swallow her first bite, the child began to vomit and started breaking out in hives. Russo rushed her to the hospital where she was given a shot of epinephrine to stop the severe reaction, and she had to stay the night. The night of the incident, the upset father called the Panera Bread location and demanded answers as to how this happened. The manager blamed the near fatal mistake on a “language issue,” since the employee who prepared her food is an immigrant with very limited English and must have misread what Russo meant by a peanut allergy, Boston.com reported.

Russo isn’t buying the manager’s explanation. Even if that’s how it happened, it exposes a much bigger issue with hiring immigrants who don’t take the time to learn the language. The girl’s family has since sued Panera Bread, claiming that they “engaged in unfair and deceptive business practices by adding peanut butter to the plaintiff’s grilled cheese sandwich knowing that she has a life-threatening peanut allergy.”

The restaurant is certainly getting what they deserve since they put a 6-year-old’s life on the line by hiring an inept immigrant. This is just another reason, and perhaps the most important one, why there should be an English-only policy in the workplace, especially when the job deals with consumable products. Safety should take priority over cheap labor, and an employee should have to prove that they are proficient in reading, speaking, and following directions in English.

h/t: [TheBostonGlobe]

19 Comments on "Girl Starts Puking & Can’t Stop, Then Dad Sees What Immigrant Did To Her"

1. Margaret Dusting | April 1, 2017 at 10:06 am | Reply

They use non-English speaking workers in workplaces in your country as they do in ours.
    When will the leaders of our countries ever learn that to live and work in English speaking countries, you MUST speak English

2. Bernice A Shepard | April 1, 2017 at 11:19 am | Reply

Just another example of an inept, uneducated, (probably illegal) immigrant. Just another reason to deport all of the illegal immigrants. Another reason to ban foreigners from the countries that want to change our laws and ways. This is AMERICA and we live by OUR Constitution. We will not allow anybody to come here and force their laws or religion upon us.

3. Pat DAnnunzio | April 1, 2017 at 3:43 pm | Reply

So sorry that your daughter had such a bad time thank God she is alright. My son use to say to me when he was a young boy and would hear people speaking in a foreign language “if they want to live in My county then speak English ” My son is now 45 and in all those years it has gotten worse. What happened to immigrants of years ago that had to learn English before they could become citizens. Now anyone can get a drivers license, job, apartment on and on without being able to speak a word of English

4. I had the same thing happen at a McDonalds. I am allergic to onions. I told them NO ONIONS. I AM ALLERGIC TO THEM. I got my order and got on the freeway. When I opened the sack I could smell the onions. I kept the order in tact for 3 days until I went back through. Their excuse was the person only spoke SPANISH NOT ENGLISH. Why the hell are they putting food together if they can’t speak English?

5. thats a poor excuse the guy almost loses daughter and they say
    it was a mistake made by someone who really can’t speak english.
    There should be a lawsuit after what they put that family through.

6. This is going to be a Big issue and I see it all the time , and oh I no speak English just doesn’t cut anymore . Either these companies start paying out wrongful suits, or start hiring people who can speak and read .

7. Amelia Ann Davenport | April 1, 2017 at 5:26 pm | Reply

I think if you work in America you should absolutely speak and read English-language so things like this doesn’t ever happen due to the failure to understand or speak our language. They are so very lucky that they didn’t lose their child over something that could have been avoided

8. Linda Mccusker | April 1, 2017 at 7:17 pm | Reply

yes they need to speak and understand English unless you are hearing impaired we should not have to rely on sign language…only if it were learned worldwide…

9. Ragnor Sicklesteel | April 1, 2017 at 9:23 pm | Reply

Imagine the implications if it turns out the mutt speaks English and reads it well enough. Believe one could say that asshole was waging his own personal Jihad against the unsuspecting Americans who hosted him.

Wonder how many of these Middle Eastern Islamic Immigrants who are working in the food service industry regularly spit in the food or do other despicable things to it because Infidels are the ones who eat it?

I always take a look through the kitchen door before I sit down and order in any restaurant these days and if I don’t like what I see there, then I personally don’t eat there. It has drawn some like minded individuals to agree with me in the open, and others to think I’m a bit to cautious.

I’m a very knowledgeable person of the concept called “Asymmetrical Warfare”. Years of experience tell me that surveying the kitchen employees prior to ordering any food from them is a reasonable precaution to take, often others take offense at your personal security precautions. Often those precautions are thought to be Politically Incorrect and one shouldn’t engage in what the Mob considers Politically Incorrect.

But then, I don’t worry about them to much at all. I have lived my entire life outside any box most all the time. I do not trust people who believe in Islam as their guiding religion and moral compass.

10. One great reason America doesn’t want 3 world people here, they are discussing and a trouble to USA.

11. Well I agree people need to work An as I don’t agree with are laws if there here legally work but I honestly think it was out of spite as most cooks don’t believe when someone says they have an allergy

12. Clifton R Gray | April 4, 2017 at 4:52 pm | Reply

I spent 2 years in Okinawa during my 7 year tour and out of common respect I learned the language and customs. Others coming here should do the same. Learn the English language if you plan to live here.

13. N. Mackenzie | April 7, 2017 at 1:38 am | Reply

Who makes up this crap and why do people believe it? Yes, I know that there are bad people, but they are everywhere, not just in America for heaven’s sake. Why do people believe everything they read on here is the gospel truth?

14. Marj Cameron | April 7, 2017 at 1:41 am | Reply

Part of the problem is that businesses/corporations do not want to pay a “living” wage so they hire workers willing to work for next to nothing.Marj

15. You people are so damned ignorant. No one can force laws upon us nor could they force religion upon us either. We have religious freedoms. At least they don’t come knocking on our doors forcing their propaganda like the fucking Mormons or jehovah witnesses. And forcing laws? Not the way America works, dipshits. We have our processes and NOTHING will change that. Educate yourselves before blaming immigrants. I seriously doubt you people are native Americans.

16. OK Libtards, another reason we need to clean up our policies on immigration. If you can’t speak the language you should not be allowed work. Companies who fail to agree & support this should have their business licenses revoked.