Woman Kicked Out Of Store By Cashier Sick Of ‘Certain’ People Like Her

grocery store in

In Spring, Texas, a woman ran into her local Kroger grocery store to grab a few things and get on with her list of other errands to run. However, things didn’t go as simple as she hoped when she was told to leave because she disgusted a particular employee who took one look at the shopper and said she was sick of people like her.

Meredith, who didn’t feel comfortable releasing her last name, had checked everything off of her shopping list and headed to the register. As she put her items on the conveyor belt, she was informed that she shouldn’t even bother since the cashier wasn’t going to ring her up. The employee said that Meredith needed to get out of the store because the shopper’s shirt was a slap in the face, and the clerk “was doing everything she could not to cry.”

This wasn’t the first time Kroger has turned away a paying customer for the same reason as Meredith, and like the others before her, she wasn’t going to let it slide. Wearing a blue t-shirt that said “Police Lives Matter, All Lives Matter,” Meredith was showing support for her hero husband who puts his life on the line daily, serving and protecting the “offended” clerk and the other citizens of Spring, Texas. However, the cashier didn’t like what she was advertising and kicked her out of the store, regardless of the fact that she’s not in charge of anything but her cash register.

Meredith in “offensive” shirt she wore to Kroger

Right after Meredith left the store, she let others know what happened to her there, including Kimberly Colley who is the executive director of the Blue Bow Foundation, which supports police officers and their families. Colley was disgusted by this employee’s actions, but more so by the complete lack of response on the matter from Kroger.

“Our husbands risk their lives every single time they put on those uniforms, they’re walking targets and this is the least we can do to show there is support out there,” Colley said, according to KMOV. She added that her non-profit group which used to support the store has cut off all ties with the retailer.

This is now at least the second time Kroger employees disrespected police officers and/or their families. A worker at a Louisiana location refused to serve a cop and the store didn’t seem to care when it was brought to their attention. Any business who doesn’t support police, especially when they go as far as to kick them out, doesn’t deserve the protection they rely on from law enforcement when called upon.

These companies should be blacklisted by police and forced to sort out tense situations for themselves. Maybe after a few weeks of this as well as a loss of customers who don’t feel safe shopping there, they will learn that the can’t rely on their disgruntled employees or Black Lives Matter to save them.

58 Comments on "Woman Kicked Out Of Store By Cashier Sick Of ‘Certain’ People Like Her"

1. Thank heavens we don’t have Kroger here! But I’ll make sure to NEVER shop at ANY Kroger!

2. Bernice A Shepard | April 1, 2017 at 11:35 am | Reply

This is so sad. This cashier on up to the store manager, the general and regional manager should be fired. If the store were ever robbed, who would be the first person / people they / the store workers) would call? The POLICE and they (Kroger’s employees) would expect them to show up to protect the store and the employees. WELL, I THINK NOT!

• dice-man-dan | April 7, 2017 at 10:00 pm | Reply

Rather, Kroger would have to call the street corner crack dealer should Kroger get robbed! Don’t bother calling the police when the shit comes down hard on you, call your local crack dealer!

3. Maybe if the store was getting robbed they might allow one policeman to enter the store

4. HEB my Texas store of choice, if Kroger were being robbed, they would call a Blue Life to protect them.

5. Any business that don’t support the police, then they should just close there doors now, because I will not shop are eat at place that don’t support are police. If they need the police for a help like robbery or Shop lifter then they better call a crimmer then.

• Kashia Lopez | April 7, 2017 at 9:41 pm | Reply

You say that now but how could you be so sure that the women you get your coffee from does not support police officers. Really we all support police officers when we pay our taxes . I am not one to hate on ALL cops only the ones that misuse their authority . I am not saying cops are racist nor am i saying that there aren’t some that are . I think that people need to relieve the scale of the people who get put into jail or prison its mostly blacks but its not saying were racist its just saying blacks act a certain way but when they get in trouble they blame it on racism . People need to realize that we don’t need a certain president or a certain law we need certain people to stop pretending that everything is everyone else’s fault.

6. In so many areas of our country there is an increasing “us vs. them feeling.Police feel beleagured – citizens see police becoming more and more like military “Storm troopers” Politics is even driving friends apart. Groupes feel they are entitled to legislate thier beliefs . There is finatial insecurity for huge nos.. People isolating themselves in “twitter babble” Our government is in shambles We are in grave danger! America never was Utopia for indivuals but I believe it”s Democracy itself in jeopardy now. Try to communicate in every way possible your desire for mutual understanding and compramising Good luck to us all!

7. Kathy Hightshoe | April 1, 2017 at 2:45 pm | Reply

I would love some Police Lives Matter shirts as I am going to Spring, TX the end of the month (April) and will be happy to show up at Krogers to see if they want to kick me out! I live in Missouri and my husband is a former police officer.

8. Marcy McElroy | April 1, 2017 at 3:22 pm | Reply

The Kroger stores should be boycotted by all of their customers that have had to call upon the police at any time in their life in any state in the United States. That should put an end to Krogers’ not honoring the police because they will be out of business.

9. mary ann c golden | April 1, 2017 at 3:37 pm | Reply

Get over it POLICE are best and will live forever if u idiots will leave them alone.Who do U call when help is needed??

10. Everyone, I repeat everyone should stay away from this particular store and if this type of poor attitude is that of management as well then all Kroger stores should be listed as non user friendly and hopefully their business will slide to the point where they have to close their doors

11. Mary Ramirez | April 1, 2017 at 3:49 pm | Reply

I will never shop at a Kroger again either they want to be so disrespectful but would be quite to call for help if they were robbed or someone was stealing what is wrong with people . I better never witness anything like this towards our police , military, President, flag or country in any way cause let me tell you will have one iterate Sicilian on your hands .

12. ookie sookies | April 1, 2017 at 4:07 pm | Reply

Is that dumb ass bitch still working for Krogers?

One less customer.

13. What is happening in this world. I was shocked that Kroeger’s wasn’t willing to discipline the employees. When they have to call the police over a shoplifter or such they should be told to handle it on their own since they don’t think the police are necessary. How shameful.

14. I am in Aus and we would never be asked to leave a store if we were wearing a t-shirt supporting our Police Officers. It is disgusting what happened to this lady. I hope something is done to shame this store for allowing employees to disrespect customers.

15. Sharon Price | April 1, 2017 at 5:47 pm | Reply

What has happened to our country? This all started during the Obama administration. I am extremely ashamed and angry that Kroger has not responded. I shop weekly at Frys,which is Kroger, I will no longer do my shopping there.

• Steve Citron | April 7, 2017 at 1:52 am | Reply

So is Ralphs grocery, and Safeway Stores. Along with Fred Myers.! Boycott the stores and write to the headquarters to protest this policy!!

16. Linda Mccusker | April 1, 2017 at 6:03 pm | Reply

I wont shop any business that doesnt support local police….I am not an idiot to put my life on the line in a business that cares so little for their customers…ever seen a robbery..it only takes once …I worked in banks for 30 years…2 tellers were killed in a robbery…so get off your duffs and support the officers…;ljm

17. Jim Waggoner | April 1, 2017 at 6:04 pm | Reply

Unbelievable! The cashier should, at the very least, lose her job.

18. Robert McClintock | April 1, 2017 at 8:05 pm | Reply

Kroger is no longer going to get my business. Just that sample. Hell I my return my Kroger shopping Blue bags and ask for a refund.

19. Rick J. Brimer | April 1, 2017 at 8:16 pm | Reply

Any time a business insults or demeans Police or treats them the way this person did and won’t correct the situation,I believe the police should be allowed to deny assistance when they call ! I’d tell them since you don’t want our business, then the next time you get robbed, you’ll have to handle it yourself!!

20. cashier should be fired and NO ONE should ever go to that store again UNTIL a public apology is given to POLICE!!!!!!! Much more should be done and I am shocked Krogers has tolerated that behavior!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. DOWN WITH KROGER!! NEXT TIME THEY OR ONE OF THEIR EMPLOYEES GETS ROBBED OR ASSAULTED, IGNORE THE CALL!!!!

22. Robert coble | April 2, 2017 at 2:59 am | Reply

Don’t forger that King Sooper is a Kroger store. Stop shopping at all them

23. I agree with all the comments above

24. Simply unbelievable! I just can’t understand why ANY business would tolerate this inconsolable behavior. Unfortunately our men and women in uniform cannot refuse help if they call. They do their job without prejudice. They are sworn to “protect and serve” I admire them all. As a combat veteran, I wonder where these idiots would be without the very people that provide that FREEDOM!!

25. Jeannie Whittington | April 2, 2017 at 3:23 pm | Reply

The customer should have told the cashier to call the cops to put her out.

26. What is the matter with that stupid woman ? Police put their lives on the line every day for us, I respect that.

27. Shame on Kroger and anyone else who thinks that’s okay. Who the heck is going to respond when your store gets robbed?

28. Everyone, do not believe everything you hear. Nowadays most stores have cameras. If they did not take action against the cashier, most likely the camera did not see it happened!

29. KROGERS must be a gun-free zone also. Bet they call the cops, and don’t get a response for an armed-robbery. Let them deal with their stupidity when they DO need a cop.

30. Kroger will never see my face again.

31. countrylady811 | April 4, 2017 at 8:53 am | Reply

starbucks in new york refused to sell coffee to a military man and for this i dont support them either

• Robert Booker | April 8, 2017 at 6:21 am | Reply

Wasn’t that man really not in the military but was in a uniform that was not even right and he was claiming to be in the Army and just got back from Iraq which he was not?

32. is this an alt-right website ??? the woman’s shirt was offensive to black people as it takes their slogan to point out the treatment of black americans and turns it inside out to support something else . It IS racist … but having said that … it was not the check out persons call in not ringing her up

• Steve Citron | April 7, 2017 at 1:55 am | Reply

Mark…I can support your right to say what you have. But don’t ever ask for help from my department, or my fellow officers!

• Robert Booker | April 8, 2017 at 6:26 am | Reply

Then I guess you really don’t support Mark’s statement. Remember that blacks started “black lives matter” before anyone else used the slogan. I work in legal matters and call upon the police everyday. Mark has a point because the shirt could have seemed racist to the clerk. The clerk should not have done what she did; for sure and should be fired. That being said, As a pastor I believe all lives matter.

33. I do not believe this, needs a fact check. I have worked for Kroger for 32 years and have only seen one person asked to leave for cussing out an old person for being to slow. I have never worked for a place that policy is so strict to take care of and be kind to customers. The person who did that to the customer would have been gone.Don’t believe everything you read.

• Robert Booker | April 8, 2017 at 6:29 am | Reply

Good for you. I have been in many Kroger’s and have never seen this. This could be “fake News” or just got out of hand. If it did happen the woman should get an attorney and start the process of a law suit, I am sure Kroger will react to it.

34. Koger seems to be lacking in their staff development programs. The manager is at fault here and I don’t condone this behavior from anybody,much less a cashier. This person should be fired and not be able to collect unemployment. The manager should have been contacted before this lady left the store. I shop at Kroger in the area and will continue to shop there. They need to publicly apologize to all law enforcement and make sure their employees are instructed how to behave while on the job.

35. The employee should be fired.What a miserable ass.

36. What is wrong with democrats. We need to show support for are police officers. It is not racist to support them. These people do not know what racist means.

• Robert Booker | April 8, 2017 at 6:31 am | Reply

I am sorry, but know one mentioned they were democrat or republicans. I have news for you, this could just as well have been a republican who brought up the fact it could have been racist, or do you think there are no racist republicans.

37. My daughter and son-in-law both work for Ralph’s, which is owned by Kroger, and The management of these stores will not tolerate this kind of behavior by employees. I am sure by now the employees that took part in this behavior are looking for new jobs. If not the store manager is.

38. Michael Fleming | April 7, 2017 at 1:50 am | Reply

An apology is way too late the store will now suffer the consequences of thier actions,i hope thier store burns down to the ground,

39. John Bolerjack | April 7, 2017 at 2:10 am | Reply

Maybe we all should get our groceries at another grocery store. Wife and I go to local Kroger to ship each week, but after reading the story, we will be changing our grocery store. I am a VietNam veteran and had enough of this when I came home from Viet Nam…..i

40. Police officers are not the only ones risking there lives and i an getting fedup with all the talk on that subject. Fireman risking there lives to so do construction workers and roadworkers and i am sure there are more people. Your husband took this job as cop so that was his choice and nobody else. i am just fedup reading about this on facebook or anywhere else. So please leave it alone.

41. Kroger has seen my last dollar I am a Vietnam vet I know how it feels o be an outcast people in blue keep up the great job

42. this is so one sided , I can’t believe it got printed

43. Remember, Kroger is also King Soopers!

44. Where can I get one of those shirts?